Sunday 10 April 2011

Problems with hosting companies.

Internets = srs.biz. Parody motivator.Image via WikipediaI have been through 3 different hosting companies and wasted a lot of time and sweat transferring from one hosting company to another throughout my 4 years online.

I first started out  with  Hostpapa where if gave a free domain for life if I hosted with that web server. It was all hunky dory when I started and things started to "breakdown" after a while. I had problems with my website loading up. Their customer service was less than satisfactory. They took ages to reply to my e-mail queries and were less then helpful with their replies. It was simply frustrating!! Before you sign up with them..they promise you 99% uptime and all the perks which after some time becomes simply invisible.

From hostpapa I migrated to lunarpages after getting recommendations from some online acquaintances and seeing that they were quite responsive to all my queries. However after the honeymoon period I was served a huge shock when they suddenly suspended my site for no reason at all due to "so called" high usage.  I find this utter ridiculous as at that time I only had a small personal blog and a static travel website.
It wasn't even harnessing more then 100 views per day..and that's was enough to crash the server?


Since then I've move on to WPwebhost which was a relatively small company at that time. Fast forward 2 years and it too is giving me problem. No doubt their customer service is still top notch but their servers have been failing me with their constant error - not enough memory allocated problem which causes timeout and 500 error messages on my site. It can be very irritating as their server is not equipped to cope with sudden surge in traffic. I'm really contemplating changing to another hosting provider which offers cloud hosting or one which really can meet my needs.

I'm not a fool to change to VPN or other high end hosting and blowing $30-$50 a month just on a blog. I'm also sick of all the unfulfilled promises these hosting companies make just to get more money out from you.

They say you can host unlimited domains or up to 50 domains as according to WPwebhost but this is utter nonsense as after you sign up with them..they  say you are using more then your allocated "space" on their shared server.  I think the problem is that they pack too many people on it therefore definitely there is not enough space.. it's your fault not mine.. and you are making me pay for your inabilities??


I'll be going for a local company this time and hopefully there won't be any more problems.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning!
gigglelaughcry.blogspot.com

Colette S said...

Thanks for visiting with me.

I am not using hosting companies as yet, but I'm sure I'll need this later.

Happy Easter.

Sarah said...

Good info! Thanks for posting this. It helps me with my search for a hosting company. :)

Post a Comment